Seiten

7/15/2012

Refound truth

Bracelet: Claire´s 

Well, you know how you have some sort of  "traditions"? You probably have tons af them to yourself, at least I do. One of mine is that I cannot pack for travelling without going through all my jewellery. Therefore I always empty my entire dresser, get out all the little satin bags and wooden boxes that hold my things empty them out on the floor and dig myself through all-time favorites, tropical exots, and forgotten treasures. I do not know why I do it, nor what I need it for, but I know that I do it every time. And when I say every time, I mean every time. Wether I am going on a two-day weekend trip or a year-long travel to study abroad. Of course the amout of time spent in preparations for those travels (somewhat in proportion to the actual travel), but I wouldn´t give up my ritual of jewellery choosing for anything. It somehow calms me down and makes me aware of the upcoming departure. I know this may sound a little silly, but it is just something I do. And at times this little ritual brings up pretty little treasures like this bracelet. I got it a long time ago at Claire´s and I still love the little message on it. It actually turns out to be one of the little things I was talking about earlier this week. It is really nice to have a little reminder of love dangeling from your wrist at times. So, in the end I can say that however dull all those little things we do might seem. However insicnificant we might think they are at times, they help. They help us to be eased up, help us to be more us. And then maybe they help us find something else that seems little, but can be significant at times.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen