Seiten

9/07/2012

Inspirations- thinking inside the box


Have you read "Eat Pray Love"? It is one of my favorite books. I love it for many reasons, but there is one thing that I like especially. It is the "box". In the book Liz Gilbert talkes about how she keeps a box with journals and pictures and stuff about all the countries she wants to visit in her life to which her best friend replies that she used to have a box for baby things before she had her own child. I have one of those boxes, too. I keep my future plans in there as well. I put pieces of writing in there which I hope will be published some day. There are drawings of a future wedding gown and a list of all the designer heels I hope to own one day. Then there are ripped out pages from magazines and photos like the one above about how I wish to live one day. I have put notes in there, too. Little things from friends all over the world that needed a special place to be saved and that will continue to shape my future forever. Well, and just as Liz there are days that I dig out that box and go through all those scraps to I hope will find together as a whole some day. It is those days that you feel unsure and unknowing that you need something to hold on to, a dream and a hope and a little security. That´s what the box does. It shows me my dreams and hopes, not in an abstract, but in pictures and color.
So I would like to know, what do you keep in your box?
Love, Frieda

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen